JOI – Junior Optimist Octagon International
Youth Club – Junior Optimist Club of Brooklin (grade 5-8)
Youth Optimist Clubs provide fun, fellowship and community service learning opportunities for youth of senior elementary school age. Youth Members want to make the world a better place. Youth Clubs actively involve themselves in their communities. From fundraising to neighbourhood clean-ups to tutoring younger kids, Youth Members make things happen.
The Youth Optimist Club of Brooklin is interested in developing learning opportunities for its members and others in senior elementary school (grades 5-8).
Membership fee is $10 per year.
Meetings are held at Brooklin Optimist Room in the Brooklin Community Centre and Library, 8 Vipond Rd., Brooklin. These meetings are conducted using parliamentary procedure standard business protocol. Guidance is offered by a couple of members of the adult Optimist Club of Brooklin.
Adult advisors assist the youth in planning community service projects and fundraisers.
- 1. Membership is open to senior elementary school aged youth.
- 2. Meetings are usually twice per month during the school year.
- 3. The youth elect a President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
Contact Laura Kristmann: email@example.com
Junior Optimist Club of Brooklin Winter and Spring 2021 Schedule
7:00-8:00 pm, Optimist Room at the Brooklin Community Centre & Library, 8 Vipond St., Brooklin
- Wednesday Jan 15, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
- Wednesday Tues Jan 29, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
- Wednesday Feb 5, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
- Wednesday Feb 19, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
- Thursday Mar 5, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
- Thursday Mar 26, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
- Thursday Apr 9, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
- Thursday Apr 23, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
- Thursday May 7, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
- Thursday May 21, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
- Thursday Jun 4, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
- Thursday Jun 18, 7:00, Youth Club Meeting
From the Club level on up, Members have the opportunity to develop
leadership and team building skills all while helping communities. Each year there is an International Convention, which gives Members the opportunity to share in the decision-making process of the organization, meet young people with similar interests and goals, grow from training seminars……and have fun!
Club activities are supervised and coached by Brooklin Optimist Club members. These volunteers assist the youth with their planning and execution of the fundraisers and service projects.