Youth Dances are held at Brooklin Optimist Gymnasium in the Brooklin Community Centre & Library, 8 Vipond Rd., Brooklin from 7:00pm – 9:15pm.
Here, youth in grades 5-7 only have the opportunity to socialize in a safe environment hosted by Optimist volunteers. Youth are encouraged to request music from the professional DJ. A refreshment canteen is offered with bottled water, chips and chocolate bars.
Admission is $10.00 at the door and most refreshment items are $2. Schedule runs about twice a month September – May. Contact Kim Miller.
Fall 2023: 7:00-9:15 Fridays
- Sep 15, 7:00, Youth Dance.
- Sep 29, 7:00, Youth Dance.
- Oct 13, 7:00, Youth Dance.
- Oct 27, Cancelled due to Town of Whitby strike, facilities are closed.
- Nov 10, Cancelled due to Town of Whitby strike, facilities are closed.
- Dec 1, 7:00, Youth Dance.
- Dec 15, 7:00, Christmas Themed Youth Dance.
Winter / Spring 2024: 7:00-9:15 Fridays
- Jan 12, 7:00, Youth Dance.
- Jan 26, 7:00, Youth Dance.
- Feb 9, 7:00, Valentine Themed Youth Dance.
- Feb 23, 7:00, Youth Dance.
- Mar 22, 7:00, Youth Dance.
- Apr 5, 7:00, Youth Dance.
- Apr 19, 7:00, Youth Dance
- May 3, 7:00, Youth Dance.
- May 24, 7:00, Youth Dance.
NOTE: Peanut Allergy Warning
We have discussed the issues of peanut free in great length with our members and decided that we will not be able to offer peanut-free dances.
- 1. We cannot guarantee who has had what in the meeting spaces before us in both the gym, and multi-purpose room and even the bathrooms or kitchen. The building is not a peanut-free zone!
- 2. We cannot guarantee or reasonably control what comes in in peoples pockets or on their person.
- 3. We will not buy candy products with peanuts in the future for sale but we cannot guarantee I’ll the chocolate bars we buy are peanut free, as many of the bars we sell come in bulk packaging.
Thank you for your understanding.